Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/rladmin/public_html/forum/bb-settings.php on line 186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/rladmin/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/rladmin/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/mo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/rladmin/public_html/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/rladmin/public_html/forum/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581
Welcome to the 2012 New Year's Revolution Forum! « Retriever Life Forum
  1. Hi folks,

Welcome to the New Year's Revolution forum.  In this forum, we want to hear about what you are doing with your retriever this year.

This idea was spawned from our Retriever Life tagline - "It's more than a game of fetch!".  Our dogs are awesome.  Let's give them the gift of teaching them something new.

I have started a Therapy dog training class with my yellow Labrador Sugar Kane and started attending a hunt training group where I will be training our newest puppy DJ, along with Diamond and Bala.

I will be blogging weekly about our activities so you will be able to follow our progress.  We want you to use this forum to keep us posted on your commitment and progress.  We will support you when you have questions and make this a fun adventure for all.

So c'mon and join the pack!

2. I have started the process of becoming a therapy team with my 8 year old lab, Hailey (Int'l CH Interlochen Clovercreek Comet JH RN).  We passed the testing Jan. 29 and now are doing our training visits.  My goal is to become a R.E.A.D team.  I am so excited to have started the process!

3. Hi Teri,

Congrats on passing your Pet Partner certification test.  Can you tell us what a R.E.A.D. Team is?

Also, let's see a picture of your dog!

Thanks,
    Toni

4.  Toni, the R.E.A.D program was developed by Intermountain Therapy Animals and is recognized by many reading programs around the U.S.  Here is a link.

I have attached a photo of Hailey at the testing Jan. 29.

Attachments

1. DSC_0025.JPG (77.5 KB, 4 downloads) 5 years old
  5. Very cool!  Keep us posted on your training visits.  We have a program called Reading with Rover up here in my neck of the woods.

6. Well, I just posted my first blog entry for following Sugar Kane's and my progress on our New Year's Revolution goal to become a Delta Society's Registered Pet Partner.  All I can say is so far, so good!  We are having fun but I need to do some homework this week before class.

7. Don't know much about computers, but here's a try.  Have to do a blog for me sister's Lab, Breezy.  She has her CA title which is lure courseing for non sighthound dogs.  She likes the running enough that she is going for her CAX.  This makes an interesing training season.  Hunting lessons for the next hunting title and lure coursing to get the winter flab off while getting another title.  Miss Lilly and Breezy decided that their adopted son (my Aussie, Jiggs,.....he thinks he's a Lab.) should also do lure coursing so he has his first 2 legs.  He won't get to hunt with the girls, but he'll be able to keep up with them swimming when hunt trials start.  Pictures were taken during coursing I'll find out about getting some.

I think it's great to train a dog for therapy work.  If you get discouraged with Delta go for Therapy Dog International, TDI.  

8. It sounds like Breezy is doing some very cool stuff!  Lure coursing is not something I am very familiar with.  We would love to see an article for Retriever Life if you are interested in telling us about how retrievers can participate in Lure Coursing and what it is all about.

Keep us posted on Breezy's progress!

Thanks,

Toni

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.