I really enjoy giving my pets the best but I don’t have a lot of time on my hands. So when I developed this super quick and easy recipe for unadulterated healthy dog cookies I had to share! My labs, Indy and Sugar, loved them. Here is a quick and easy treat for your pups, just in time for Valentines Day!
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup milk
¼ cup oatmeal
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, honey, peanut butter, and milk together in a large bowl until dough holds together.
- Knead the mixture until is forms a uniform ball and is even in color.
- Roll out into a sheet about ¼ inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out your dog cookies and place on cookie sheet.
- Gather scraps and repeat step 5.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until a golden brown.
- Let cool and let your dog enjoy!
For fun we put some all natural food coloring to make the cookies pink for Valentines Day. Or if you aren’t feeling th Valentine’s Day vibe you can make your cookies in a different colors, such as the colors of your favorite home football team! I did! Congrats to the Seattle Seahawks!
Category : Good Eats